Purchase Dry Brushes - $10.00
Why should you dry brush?
This technique not only promotes healthier skin by removing dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, but also by stimulating and increasing skin cell production, giving your skin a healthy glow all year long. But the benefits are not just skin deep - dry brushing both increases blood flow and circulation and enhances detoxification through the skin. It is also said that the gentle pressure and brushing sensations have a calming effect - just like a massage! But be aware that the increase in blood circulation will also give you that “awake” feeling, so a dry brushing session before bed might not be so convenient.
▪ Skin that is healthier and smoother: removing dead skin cells and opening pores to allow them to “breath” and absorb nutrients.
▪ Stimulated lymphatic and circulatory systems: boosting your immune system and increasing circulation to help detoxify.
▪ Stress relief: increasing your blood flow reduces stressed areas of the body and stimulates nerve endings in your skin which in turn rejuvenates your nervous system.
▪ Reduced cellulite: increasing blood circulation to the skin helps break down and releases toxins that cause cellulite in legs and hips.
Is it for you?
As long as you don’t have any severe skin irritation (acne, rash, eczema, open sore/cut, etc.) this is for you! It is an invigorating way to start the day, and you won’t believe how smooth and healthy your skin will feel.
The Dry-brushing Process
1. Start with your feet, moving in soft circular movements (always moving towards the heart) first on the bottom of the feet, and then on the top.
2. Work up each leg, one at a time, first the back of the leg (using the same soft circular, always towards the heart, movements) up through the buttock and then the front of the leg. Avoid any delicate skin, like the skin on the insides of the thighs.
3. After you are finished with the lower half, start at the fingertips of one arm; move up the arm (palms of hands, back of hands, forearm, biceps) and towards the heart. Repeat on other arm.
4. Move to the back (this is where a short handled brush may come in handy) working your movements towards your stomach, starting and finishing with one side of the back and then the other.
5. When you get to your stomach, start at your lower abdomen and work your way up and end at your chest in an upward stroke.
6. Rinse off and shower as normal.
Skin brushing Tips
Avoid the face!
While dry brushing is excellent for exfoliating skin, this body brush will be too rough for the delicate skin on your face.
**For best results dry brush at least two times a week.
To book appt. text Marcia @ 936 777-0128